The D1H were initially declared back in Feb 2001, at the time it was exciting to find out that Nikon were improving the D1 not to one design but two. The D1x has a six mega-pixel indicator but because of the big dimension its picture information files is restricted to 3 supports per second for an optimum of 9 pictures. The D1H is depending on the unique 2.74 mega-pixel D1 indicator but has a far bigger information shield and structure amount capability.
Just like the D1x the D1H also has several modifications to the customer interface (new selection program, moved controls) last but not least delivers selectable color information (sRGB / Adobe RGB), an place which was probably D1 customers greatest bug keep.
Nikon D1H Key Features
- Selectable color place method (sRGB or Adobe 1998)
- 3D White-colored Stability (with hue settlement for color move created by synthetic lighting)
- Textual customized features (available in four languages)
- Increased variety of customized features, now 35
- ISO understanding selectable in 1/3 or 1/2 prevents (from ISO 200)
- New quicker ASIC processer (image processor)
- Larger, 40 picture buffer
- Highest structure amount of 5 supports per second
- Photoshop plug-in for RAW files
- RAW information file optionally available lossless pressure method (2:1)
- New “total program anti-noise strategy”
- Much less disturbance at great ISO’s
- New Nikon Catch 2
- New Nikon Perspective 4 (file duplicate from cards with rename)
- Improved IEEE 1394 (Firewire) bandwith speed
- New 130,000 pixel LCD with “white LED backlight”
- One-button play-back with zoom capability
Nikon D1H Body And Design
The powerful mineral magnesium situation makes the D1H experience far more firm and effective than any movie digicam, keep in mind there’s no big entrance at the back to fill the film. The digicam is well healthy and smartly developed, all the manages are exactly where they should be, a first time customer or Nikon movie SLR customer can get the D1H and instantly experience at home. If you couldn’t know better you’d be pardoned for considering it was designed from a powerful part of steel, they weigh about in at a significant (yet reassuring) 1.1 kg (2.5 lbs), and that’s without the (large) battery power and a lens.
Lens MountLens Mount
The D1H has a Nikon F lens install, it can agree to almost any Nikkor F install lens the guide declares “To make use of the finish variety of digicam functions, we suggest that you use type G or D AF Nikkor CPU contacts.” A finish lens interface desk is available on a later page of this evaluation.
Display Hot-shoeDisplay Hot-shoe
The D1H’s equipment shoes (Hot-shoe) will agree to the following Nikon Speedlights without a synchronize cable: SB-50DX, SB-28DX, SB-28, SB-27, SB-26, SB-25, SB-24, SB-23, SB-22s and SB-29.
Nikon D1H Images Quality
ISO (Sensitivity) Adjustment
The D1H allows you to pick from 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV actions betwen ISO 200 and 1600, at 1/3 EV actions this provides a complete of 9 different ISO equiv. breathing difficulties. Furthermore there are two extra breathing difficulties available through the ISO increase customized establishing (CSM 31) which are equal to ISO 3200 and 6400.
The D1H works very well for very lengthy night exposures and even at great ISO breathing difficulties there is very little noticeable disturbance as you can see in the examples below.
See More Another Nikon Camera News Below :
- The Nikon D2Xs Features and Specification Review
- The Nikon D2X Full-Frame Performance And Features Review
Nikon D1H Specifications
|Imager total pixels||2.74 million|
|Imager effective pixels||2.72 million pixels (2,000 x 1,312)|
|Colour filter array||Primary (RGBG) colour filter|
|Imager size||23.7 x 15.6 mm|
|Cell size (pixel size)||11.89 x 11.89 µm|
|Pixel density||Horizontal: 84 lines/mm
Vertical: 84 lines/mm
|Imager output||12-bits per pixel|
|Final image sizes||2000 x 1312|
|Ultra-thin lithium niobate (LiNB) Low-Pass Filter (also cuts infrared rays) incorporated just in front of CCD|
|ISO sensitivity equiv.||1/3 EV steps: 200, 250, 320, 400, 500, 640, 800, 1000, 1250, 1600
1/2 EV steps: 200, 280, 400, 570, 800, 1150, 1600
1 EV steps: ISO 200, 400, 800, 1600
ISO Boost: ISO 3200 or 6400 (approx.)