The Nikon D2xs is a professional digital SLR that features a 12.4 mega-pixel CMOS indicator, and provides five fps capturing plus the cabability to capture even quicker up to eight fps by changing to a lower quality 6.8 mega-pixel method. Nikon has today declared the D2Xs, a slightly improved D2X. The key points of enhancement are a larger 2.5″ LCD observe, electronic covering up of the concentrating screen in high-speed plants method, customized metering in high-speed plants method, a more durable battery, grayscale method, Adobe RGB in all color ways, up to 3 customized tone shapes, 1/3 step ISO increase options, in-camera cut function, picture verification system suitable and save/load configurations between cameras.
Nikon D2Xs Features
- 12.4-megapixel (effective), 23.3 x 15.5mm CMOS image sensor delivering image resolutions as high as 4,288 x 2,848 pixels (12.21 megapixels).
- High-speed crop mode for 8fps performance at 6.87 megapixels (3,216 x 2,136) with improved viewfinder indication.
- Single-lens reflex digital camera with interchangeable lenses (supports essentially all standard Nikon F mount lenses).
- Variable ISO (100 to 800 with “Hi” settings equivalent to 1,600 and 3,200).
- TTL optical viewfinder with detailed information display.
- 2.5-inch, low-temperature polysilicon TFT color LCD with 232,000 pixels and 170 degree viewing angle.
- Program AE, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, and Manual exposure modes.
- Exposure / Flash / White Balance Bracketing, Interval photography, and Multiple Exposure modes.
- Image Overlay function combines two RAW images to form a single new image.
- Depth of field preview.
- Adjustable Low-Speed (1 to 7 fps) and High-Speed (8 fps) Continuous Shooting modes, plus Single-Shot, Self-Timer and Mirror-Lockup modes.
See More Another Nikon Camera News Below :
- The Professional Nikon D1x Features And Specifiations Review
- The Nikon D2X Full-Frame Performance And Features Review
Nikon D2Xs Specifications
|Body material||Magnesium alloy|
|Sensor||• 23.7 x 15.7 mm CMOS sensor
• DX format
• RGB Color Filter Array
• Built-in fixed low-pass filter
• 12.84 million total pixels
• 12.4 million effective pixels
• 5.49 x 5.49 µm
• 3:2 aspect ratio
|• 4288 x 2848 [L]
• 3216 x 2136 [M]
• 2144 x 1424 [S]
|• 3216 x 2136 [L]
• 2400 x 1600 [M]
• 1600 x 1064 [S]
|File formats||• NEF (12-bit RAW)
• NEF + JPEG
• JPEG (EXIF 2.2)
• TIFF (RGB)
|Lens mount||• Nikon F mount
• Full size image: 1.5x field of view crop
• High speed cropped: 2.0x field of view crop
|Usable lenses||• AF Nikkor (including AF-S, DX, VR and D-/G-type) : All functions possible
• D-type Manual-Focus Nikkor: All functions except autofocus and some
exposure modes available
• AF Nikkor other than D-/G-type: All functions except 3D Color Matrix
Metering and 3D Multi-Sensor Balanced Fill-Flash possible
• AI-P Nikkor: All functions except 3D Color Matrix Metering,
3D Multi-Sensor Balanced Fill-Flash and AF possible
• Non-CPU AI Nikkor : Usable in [A] or [M] mode with Matrix-Metering,
Center-Weighted and Spot metering available. Indication of aperture No.,
after user inputs the aperture f/No. and focal length f=mm by multi-selector
|Auto Focus||• 11 area TTL (9 area when in High speed cropped mode)
• AF working range: -1 to 19 EV (ISO 100, normal temperature)
|Lens Servo||• Single Servo AF [S]
• Continuous Servo AF [C] (with Lock-On *)
• Manual focus [M]
|AF Area Mode||• Single Area AF
• Dynamic AF with Focus Tracking and Lock-on
• Closest Subject Priority Dynamic AF
• Group Dynamic AF
|AF assist||None built-in (via. external flash)|
|AF Lock||• Locked using the AE-L/AF-L button
• Half-press shutter release button in AF mode [S]
|Exposure modes||• Program Auto [P] – flexible program possible
• Shutter-Priority Auto [S]
• Aperture-Priority Auto [A]
• Manual [M]
|Metering||TTL full-aperture exposure metering system;
• Center-Weighted Metering (75% of the meter’s sensitivity concentrated on the 8mm dia. circle)
• Spot Metering (3mm dia. circle, approx. 2% of entire frame); metering position can be linked to the focus area when using Nikkor lenses with built-in CPU
|Metering modes||• 3D Color Matrix II *
|Metering range||• 3D Color Matrix Metering: EV 0 to 20
• Center-Weighted Metering: EV 0 to 20
• Spot Metering: EV 2 to 20
[at normal temperature (20°C/68°F), ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens]