The D2X is for fulltime photography lovers who need an excellent, sensitive electronic camera to overcome on all for 24 hours. You pay a serious top quality in cost and bodyweight if all you want are more mega p than a D70. Individually I like the D200 because it does almost the same thing and is a lot less. The D200 only expenses one-third the cost and is a season or two more recent, too.
What creates the D2X unique is its amazing high-speed, immediate reaction, extremely quick auto-focus, fantastic functionality and development so strong you can use it for self-defense. Megapixels alone isn’t that big a deal; actually, I’ve seen excellent 13 x 19″ printing created from the 4MP D2H and you can get more p than that with the 6MP D70.
D2x Key Features
- 12.4-megapixel (effective), 23.3 x 15.5mm CMOS image sensor delivering image resolutions as high as 4,288 x 2,848 pixels (12.21 megapixels).
- High-speed crop mode for 8fps performance at 6.87 megapixels (3,216 x 2,136) with improved viewfinder indication.
- Single-lens reflex digital camera with interchangeable lenses (supports essentially all standard Nikon F mount lenses).
- Variable ISO (100 to 800 with “Hi” settings equivalent to 1,600 and 3,200).
- TTL optical viewfinder with detailed information display.
- 2.5-inch, low-temperature polysilicon TFT color LCD with 232,000 pixels and 170 degree viewing angle.
- Program AE, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, and Manual exposure modes.
- Exposure / Flash / White Balance Bracketing, Interval photography, and Multiple Exposure modes.
- Picture Overlay operate brings together two RAW pictures to form only one new image.
Depth of area review.
- Adjustable Low-Speed (1 to 7 fps) and High-Speed (8 fps) Ongoing Capturing ways, plus Single-Shot, Self-Timer and Mirror-Lockup ways.
- 11-point TTL auto-focus with Single-Area (manual), Dynamic-Area, Team Powerful, and Dynamic-Area w/ Nearest Topic Concern options to choose AF point(s).
D2x Key Performance
It works fantastically. It feels like an effortless extension of your consciousness. Everything works fast and efficiently with no waiting. The D2X has a slick new magic button one may program to do one’s bidding which isn’t mentioned in the promotional literature. The D2X has a large LCD display and plenty of zoom capability zoom to make sure everything is distinct. It isn’t difficult to get around around it.
D2x Key Images Quality
D2X is also the most unforgiving image recording instrument I’ve ever used. If there is any optical flaw or aberration of the image projected by your lens, the D2X will show the defect with merciless clarity. Chromatic aberration (CA) will become a catchword of nightmarish importance, if you want to produce poster-sized prints. Lenses you believed were just about perfect will suddenly appear devoid of their former splendour, whilst the real optical gems will take on a magical shine on their own.
The D2X provides optionally available black structure long exposure disturbance decrease, when allowed (and the exposure is 50 percent a second or longer) the camera will take a second exposure soon after the first but with the shutter shut. The disturbance design from this second exposure is then used to get rid of ‘hot pixels’ from the picture. In our 30 second analyze exposure we only were able to discover one or two hot p in the off picture, however this was efficiently washed up when disturbance decrease was allowed.
Sharpness and Detail
The most specific outcomes from Picture Project and Nikon Catch carefully followed by Adobe Digicam RAW and in-camera JPEG. The picture with the least immediate details is that from Bibble Pro, although some remodelling of the improving establishing would probably attract a little more structure details out of this observe experience. There a small quantity of shade moire noticeable down the arc of the advantage of this observe in all but the Adobe camera RAW picture.
See More Another Nikon Camera News Below :
- The New Nikon D5 Specification Review
- The Professional Nikon D1x Features And Specifiations Review
- The King Nikon D1 Design, Images Quality and Specification Review
Nikon D2x Specifications
|Price||• US: $ 5000
• UK: £ 3500
|Body material||Magnesium alloy|
|Sensor||• 23.7 x 15.7 mm CMOS sensor
• DX format
• RGB Color Filter Array
• Built-in fixed low-pass filter
• 12.84 million total pixels
• 12.4 million effective pixels
• 5.49 x 5.49 µm
• 3:2 aspect ratio
|• 4288 x 2848 [L]
• 3216 x 2136 [M]
• 2144 x 1424 [S]
|• 3216 x 2136 [L]
• 2400 x 1600 [M]
• 1600 x 1064 [S]
|File formats||• NEF (12-bit RAW)
• NEF + JPEG
• JPEG (EXIF 2.2)
• TIFF (RGB)
|Color space||• sRGB (2 modes)
• Adobe RGB (2 modes)
|Lens mount||• Nikon F mount
• Full size image: 1.5x field of view crop
• High speed cropped: 2.0x field of view crop
|Usable lenses||• AF Nikkor (including AF-S, DX, VR and D-/G-type) : All functions possible
• D-type Manual-Focus Nikkor: All functions except autofocus and some
exposure modes available
• AF Nikkor other than D-/G-type: All functions except 3D Color Matrix
Metering and 3D Multi-Sensor Balanced Fill-Flash possible
• AI-P Nikkor: All functions except 3D Color Matrix Metering,
3D Multi-Sensor Balanced Fill-Flash and AF possible
• Non-CPU AI Nikkor : Usable in [A] or [M] mode with Matrix-Metering,
Center-Weighted and Spot metering available. Indication of aperture No.,
after user inputs the aperture f/No. and focal length f=mm by multi-selector
* Electronic Rangefinder usable with maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster
|Auto Focus||• 11 area TTL (9 area when in High speed cropped mode)
• AF working range: -1 to 19 EV (ISO 100, normal temperature)
|Lens Servo||• Single Servo AF [S]
• Continuous Servo AF [C]
• Manual focus [M]
* Focus Tracking automatically activated by subject’s status in [S] or [C] AF
|AF Area Mode||• Single Area AF
• Dynamic AF with Focus Tracking and Lock-on
• Closest Subject Priority Dynamic AF
• Group Dynamic AF
|AF assist||None (via. external flash)|
|AF Lock||• Locked using the AE-L/AF-L button
• Half-press shutter release button in AF mode [S]
|Exposure modes||• Program Auto [P] – flexible program possible
• Shutter-Priority Auto [S]
• Aperture-Priority Auto [A]
• Manual [M]
|Metering||TTL full-aperture exposure metering system;
• Center-Weighted Metering (75% of the meter’s sensitivity concentrated on the 8mm dia. circle)
• Spot Metering (3mm dia. circle, approx. 2% of entire frame); metering position can be linked to the focus area when using Nikkor lenses with built-in CPU
|Metering modes||• 3D Color Matrix
|Metering range||• 3D Color Matrix Metering: EV 0 to 20
• Center-Weighted Metering: EV 0 to 20
• Spot Metering: EV 2 to 20
[at normal temperature (20°C/68°F), ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens]
|Meter Coupling||CPU and AI (Automatic maximum aperture indexing)|
|AE Lock||Locked using AE-L/AF-L button|
|AE Bracketing||• 2 to 9 frames
• 1/3, 2/3 or 1 EV steps
|Exposure compen.||• +/-5.0 EV
• 1/3, 1/2 or 1.0 EV steps
|Sensitivity||• ISO 100 – 800
• 1/3, 1/2 or 1.0 EV steps
|Shutter||• Electromagnetically controlled vertical-travel Focal-plane shutter
• 30 to 1/8000 sec
• Flash X-Sync: 1/250 sec
|White balance||• Auto (hybrid: ambient sensor, 1005-pixel CCD, image sensor)
• Presets (five)
• Manual (six steps with fine tuning)
• Color temperature in Kelvin (31 steps)
• White balance bracketing (2 to 9 frames, 10,20,30 MIRED steps)
|Image parameters||• Sharpening: Auto, Normal, Low, Medium Low, Medium High, High, None
• Tone: Auto, Normal, Less Contrast, More Contrast, Custom
• Color: -3,-2,-1,0,+1,+2,+3
• Hue: +/-3, +/-6, +/-9 degrees
|Viewfinder||• Optical-type fixed eye-level pentaprism
• Built-in diopter adjustment (-3 to +1m-1)
• Eyepiece shutter provided
• Eyepoint: 19.9 mm (at -1.0m-1)
• Frame coverage 100%
• Viewfinder magnification approx 0.86x with 50 mm f/1.4 lens