After tasting some success selling their budget 50mm f/1.8 and 35mm f/2 lenses, Yongnuo is adding another piece of glass to its ultra-affordable arsenal. Earlier today, they announced the arrival of their YN 100mm f/2 lens, and it’ll only cost you $170.
The YN 100mm f/2 isn’t up on any of the major US retailers yet and you won’t find it on the Yongnuo USA site yet, but Photo Rumors spotted an “announcement” on the Yongnuo Hong Kong website. That, in addition to this video from Photokina where Photogearnews got to hold the lens and take a quick look at the spec sheet.
Visit My Youtube Channel : DSLR Camera
Yongnuo YN 100mm F2 Key Features
- Telephoto lens designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, this lens can also be used with APS-C-format DSLR cameras where it will provide a 160mm comparative central duration.
- The 100mm central duration when installed on Complete structure camera and the 9 knife aperture causes it to be ideal for a range of programs such as portraiture.
- The shiny f/2 maximum aperture benefits operating in a variety of lighting conditions and also helps concentrate control for superficial detail of field visuals. F2 large aperture helps to individual the subject from background.
- Multi-coated glass elements increase comparison and maintain color precision by reducing surface and blurry.
- An AF/MF switch on the lens gun barrel allows you to select concentrating methods, with either setting allowing you to concentrate as carefully as 0.9m away.
- Nine-blade diaphragm plays a role in a simple out-of-focus quality when dealing with particular concentrate techniques.
- Compact, light and portable design causes it to be portable everywhere.
- Gold-plated electronic connections express EXIF data between camera and lens and also permit operating M, Av, Tv, and P capturing ways.
- A great primary lens that is an excellent addition to the Canon EOS 18-55mm kit lens.
Yongnuo YN 100mm F2 Specifications
|Construction||5 groups / 8 elements|
|Minimum focusing distance||0.9m|
|Maximum Diameter and Length||Approximately 76 x 83mm|
Yongnuo YN 100mm F2 Images Quality
In the pictures that I noticed in and out of the studio room I can say that this lens amazed me very favorably, although it may not be as sharp on the sides as the Canon EF 100mm f 2.0 USM lens, let’s say that nothing is to be preferred, Their part in excellence. This lens is on sale on Amazon for a price of $ 169 which in comparison to the Canon lens that Amazon costs $ 499 is a distinction to take into account given that the picture high high quality of both is similar.
A well-constructed aperture diaphragm with 9-blade almost round provides a sleek and more consistent overall look to the unfocused areas. Distinct, sharp things in the forefront take a position out against the qualifications bokeh.
A huge highest possible aperture of f / 2 allows excellent capturing speed in low light circumstances, usually without display. When capturing with apertures the size of f / 2 will cause the qualifications to be blurry, creating the topic take a position out.
With a central duration of 100mm and a huge highest possible aperture, this is a relatively lightweight lens. The 100 mm central duration allows you to maintain a comfortable working range in comparison to the individuals you have taken, assisting to further pack the viewpoint, providing you to obtain clear pictures across the range of apertures. The central duration of 100mm, which is equivalent to 160mm in the APS-C camera.