The Sony SLT-A77 II is – as possess – an renovation of the very first A77, from 2011. The A77 Mark II functions a new auto-focus indicator, and it’s much more than a rejuvenated form of a preexisting style. Instead the A77 II is designed around the AF component with the most concentrate factors of any digicam on the marketplace (79), protecting an incredibly extensive area of the structure. It’s also ranked to work in illumination as low as -2EV. That does not invariably make it quite as innovative at pro-grade DSLRs, since they have more mixture and angled indicator components, but it looks breathtaking for a digicam in this part of the marketplace.
The auto-focus capability brings together with the digital camera’s capability to capture pictures at 12 supports per second to provide a powerful set of features. The A77 II also advantages from the auto-focus monitoring developments that have been involved on latest Sony models cameras, which use details from the primary picture indicator to recognize and adhere to a given concentrate on.
Beyond that auto-focus indicator, the A77 II advantages an modified 24MP indicator (presumed to be a form of the indicator from the a6000, but without the on-chip indicator stage recognition design) and all the advantages that the organization presented with its Bionz X processor processor. This implies it advantages three features: context-sensitive disturbance decrease, diffraction decrease technological innovation and more-sophisticated improving.
Sony SLT-A77 II Key Features
- 24MP CMOS Sensor with gapless, balanced out microlenses
- 12fps ongoing capturing with auto-focus (up to 60 JPEGs)
- 79 point AF component with 15 cross-type AF factors, protecting 40% of frame
- Increased power over AF behavior
- 1080p60 films with autofocus
- Audio stage monitoring during film shooting
- 2.4M dot OLED viewfinder
- Pull-out three-hinge tilt/swivel 1.23m dot White-colored Miracle LCD screen
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC
- 1/8000th highest possible shutter rate, shutter ranked for 150,000 actuations
- ISO 100 – 25,600 (Extendable down to 50, and up to 51,200 with multi-image combination)
- Auto ISO customization
- Optional, profile-based modification of vignetting, chromatic aberrations and geometrical distortion
- Top board LCD
- Stereo mic and exterior mic socket
- AF Small Adjust
Sony SLT-A77 II Key Body And Design
The a77 II is a mid-size DSLR with an excellent, weather-sealed mineral magnesium metal whole body, which has some weight to it, but not to the point of being heavy. The right hand hold seems ‘just right’ and gives quick access to the most important manages on you. Speaking of which, the a77 II is filled with control buttons and calls, but they’re rationally placed and usually provide one operate at a time. That said, there are 11 personalized control buttons on the human whole body, with up to 51 assignable features, so you can truly set up the a77 II wish.
The a77 II has traditional front and back side calls for modifying visibility and directing choices, and uses a ‘joystick’ rather than the four-way operator found on most cameras. The joystick can be used with both the Func. selection (which offers 12 personalized functions) and QuickNavi choices, though it’s a bit too understanding of inward pressure. One nice thing that Sony models has not gotten rid of is the backlit LCD display on the top of you, which reveals current configurations, photos staying, and battery pack.
- This Semi-transparent reflection is at the heart of Sony’s SLT camcorders. Mild strikes this reflection and roughly a third of it is sent way up to the AF indicator, while the rest proceeds to the primary CMOS picture indicator.
- The a77 II has a built-in show, which is launched digitally. The show has helpful tips number of 12 metres at ISO 100. It’s also used as a concentrating aid in low light, changing the devoted AF-assist light on the very first a77.
- This switch, at the bottom-left of the digital camera’s front dish, changes between information, ongoing, auto, and single auto-focus ways.
- The method switch has been remodeled and now features three Storage Remember (MR) spots. There’s also a secure that needs you to hold the middle key down in order to move the switch.
- One function that has become progressively unusual on DSLRs is an LCD details show on the top dish. This backlit show reveals things like aperture, shutter rate, drive method, photos staying, and battery power. Unusually, this show is laggy to upgrade the shutter rate and aperture principles as you change them. You will find a lag between switching the shutter rate or aperture calls and seeing the new value on this top LCD.
- The a77’s digital viewfinder is one of the best you’ll find, with 2.36 thousand spots and a zoom 1.09x. An eye indicator instantly changes between the LCD and EVF. The diopter modification key can be seen on the far right side.
- The joystick on the back of you is your primary device for selection routing. It’s activity is a bit limited, and pushing inward unintentionally can be an issue.
- The a77 II has many I/O slots, such as show synchronize, distant device, DC-in (covered here), mic, HDMI, and USB.
- As with its forerunner, the a77 II facilitates both SD/SDHC/SDXC and Storage Keep Pro Duo credit cards.
- The a77 II uses the acquainted NP-FM500H battery power, which goes back to the A700. Battery contains 11.8Wh of energy, which converts into 480 photos per charge with the LCD, and 410 with the EVF. That’s a 10% fall as opposed to very first a77.
Sony SLT-A77 II Key Specifications
|MSRP||$1199 (body only), $1799 (w/16-50 F2.8 lens)|
|Body type||Mid-size SLR|
|Body material||Magnesium alloy|
|Max resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Other resolutions||6000 x 3376, 4240 x 2832, 4440 x 2400, 3008 x 2000, x 3008 x 1688|
|Image ratio w:h||3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||24 megapixels|
|Sensor photo detectors||25 megapixels|
|Sensor size||APS-C (23.5 x 15.6 mm)|
|Color space||sRGB, AdobeRGB|
|Color filter array||Primary color filter|
|ISO||Auto (ISO 100-51200), Manual (ISO 100-25600)|
|Boosted ISO (minimum)||50|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||51200|
|White balance presets||9|
|Custom white balance||Yes (3 slots)|
|JPEG quality levels||Super fine, fine, normal|
|Optics & Focus|
|Autofocus assist lamp||Yes (flash type)|
|Digital zoom||Yes (2X)|
|Number of focus points||79|
|Lens mount||Sony/Minolta Alpha|
|Focal length multiplier||1.5×|
|Screen / viewfinder|
|Articulated LCD||Fully articulated|
|Screen type||WhiteMagic TFT|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/8000 sec|
|Flash range||12.00 m (at ISO 100)|
|External flash||Yes (via hot shoe or flash sync port)|
|Flash modes||Auto, fill, rear sync, slow sync|
|Flash X sync speed||1/250 sec|
|Continuous drive||12.0 fps|
|Self-timer||Yes (Yes (2 or 12 sec))|
|Exposure compensation||±5 (at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±3 (3, 5 frames at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1 EV, 2 EV steps)|
|WB Bracketing||Yes (3 shots, low/high selectable)|
|Resolutions||1920 x 1080 (60p, 60i, 30p), 1440 x 1080 (30p), 640 x 480 (30p)|
|Storage types||SD/ SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick Pro Duo/ Pro-HG Duo|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|HDMI||Yes (mini HDMI)|
|Wireless notes||802.11b/g/n with NFC|
|Remote control||Yes (wired, wireless, or smartphone)|
|Battery description||NP-FM500H lithium-ion battery and charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||480|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||647 g (1.43 lb / 22.82 oz)|
|Dimensions||143 x 104 x 81 mm (5.63 x 4.09 x 3.19″)|